Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Yarndale 2014


image of Yarndale 2014
 The shiny happy crowd gathered in abundance at last weekend's second year of Yarndale...and I spent a most blissful Sunday there mooching around at my leisure. 
 Those famous triangles put on a pretty display again...
image of Yarndale bunting There were cute-some creatures to see. O how I wanted to get closer and run my fingers through that mop, and stroke those ears...
image of Alpaca
There were so many stalls of  the most heavenly luxurious hand made yarns of varying natural fibres in the most breathtaking colours and textures. Hosted by the most friendly of people who were willing to chat and answer questions. (is that too many 'most-s'? My apologies). The passion for their craft was evident and their colourful creations were an inspiration to behold.
 There also seemed to be more felting and spinning stalls there this year with lots of interesting demos taking place. 
Here are some of my favourites...
image of Jo Smith of The Spanner Works
image of Jo Smith
Lovely colorful Jo Smith of The Spanner Works

image of the natural dye studio stall

image of the natural dye studio

The most exquisite beaded shawl made with the softest gossamer like yarn...
image of knitted shawl

image of knitted shawl


image of knitwear
 O beautiful intarsia cardigan I will knit you one day. O yes I will!
image of knitwear

It was great to see so many stall holders and members of the public looking resplendent in their wacky and woolly hand made attire. Look...
image of crochet trousers
image of crochet coat
...there were many more - believe me! I just couldn't whip my camera out fast enough to snap them.
 I too wore my granny waistcoat with pride. Just had to buy this badge while I was there to pin on to it...made the perfect accessory. Yes I'm looking at you Dear Husband!
image of badge
 I lost count of how many times people stopped me to have a chat about my granny creation. One lady flew past me in a hurry stroking my shoulder as she went and apologised saying "it just had to be done". Made me giggle.
I spent the best part of Sunday happily chatting to complete strangers about all matters yarn-y great and small.
Totally enjoyable.
Half way through the day it was time to have a coffee/knit/crochet in the knit n natter 'lounge'. I stopped by to say a brief hello to Lucy (Mrs Attic 24). 
image of Lucy Attic 24
I was disappointed I didn't spot my triangles last year, so it came as a bit of a pleasant surprise to see not one - not two - but THREE of my yarny creations on her table!  Mine are the red and white roses bunting and mandala (also with the red rose in the centre).
image of bunting triangles and mandala by Amjaylou
image of display table
image of attic 24 corner
image of large suspended mandalas
It was lovely to see my work up close again, and to see all the fantastic woolly creations from so many talented crafting folk from across the globe.

I'll finish with photos of those fabulous mandalas which were displayed high up on the walkway.
image of Yarndale mandalas
image of Yarndale mandalas
image of Yarndale mandalas
image of Yarndale mandalas image of Yarndale mandalas
image of Yarndale mandalas
image of Yarndale mandalas
image of Yarndale mandalas
Did you spot yours?
X









18 comments:

  1. hi , wow - thankyou for the photos-i had such fun at yarndale - meeting so many lovely enthusiastic people-
    happy hooking and happy autumn
    grandma jo
    thespannerworks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, thanks for popping over for a visit and leaving such lovely comments.
      I hope I see you there again next year!
      Amanda
      X

      Delete
  2. Everything is so lovely!! Glad you had a great day. I couldn't spot my mandala, although I searched through your pictures, it must have been hiding! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, so sorry you couldn't spot your mandala - maybe I left a section out? I took so many photos it was difficult to sort them out in the end. I will be popping over to catch up with your posts soon. (I'm off to Kaffe Fassett's exhibition in Bath this weekend - can't wait!)
      X

      Delete
  3. Your creations are so lovely! Have fun at yarndale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! First time "visiting" Looks like a fab time was had by all (wish I could have crossed the pond for it). I spotted my mandala in your photos (four photo, far upper right, blue spoke mandala), just wanted to say thank you for posting all the photos of the event, thoroughly enjoyed my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Angela, I'm so glad you came to visit me here. Your mandala is a beauty, it was a pleasure to photograph them all. Thank you for your kind comments.
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know something I spotted but did not react to? Your waistcoat! As we were walking up the field steps to the car park, someway up those uncomfortably large steps (there is a story to them) I saw your waistcoat and I wondered if it was YOU or someone else!! But with 3 hungry teenagers in tow (or rather in the lead) and a waiting picnic in the car, I kept striding up those steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was me striding off on the Yarn walk!

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for the pictures of Yarndale! I live in America and my dream is to go to Yarndale! It must be a breath-taking experience :) I found your blog this morning through a link from Annemarie's Haakblog. Hope you are having a wonderful day :)
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I really hope you get to Yarndale one day, fingers crossed.
      Have a wonderful day too :-)
      Amanda x

      Delete
  8. Just wanted to say thank your for posting so many photos of the mandalas. I've been eagerly scouring the blogs looking for mine and I finally spotted it - thank you, thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I'm delighted you've spotted yours :-)
      Amanda X

      Delete
  9. Wow! What a beautiful coloures! Nice pictures. I'm gonna follow your blog. Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments Jolanda, and I'm thrilled you are following me here.
      Amanda X

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous riot of colour. Would love to attend Yarndale myself one day! Great to hear your waistcoat is inspiring other people too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab photos! Lovely to remember so many details of a great day! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments - I read every single one. It makes me so happy that you took a minute to drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥